Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Blessings...

Christmas...A time of family and love. Giving and receiving. Wine and liquor. Togetherness.

For our family...It is a holiday that reminds us of the love we have. As I sit here, I remember the love I have for our chosen family and friends. It is also a reminder of the separation I feel. Separation of my lover, as he is with his family. Separation of my children, as they live under another roof. Separation makes you count your blessings...So I thought I would share mine.

I am so incredibly thankful for my 3 beautiful children. Today I got to wake up with them on Christmas morning in the same house. I got to tuck them in bed on Christmas Eve and give them hugs and kisses and see the excitement in there eyes, with the anticipation of Santa. I got to hold them in my arms and hum softly the song I sang to them as babies. I got to watch them drift off to sleep. Holding each of them to my heart was my Christmas gift.

I am so incredibly thankful for Jack. My love. My best friend. My strength. He is a gift I gave myself. He gave his heart to me, and I allowed me to hold it. His transition is a blessing to us. To me. Transition is the journey we are taking together on the road to the future. The year ahead holds many blessings. Some in the form of relief. Some in the physical and some in the spiritual. Blessings that I look forward to and welcome wholeheartedly.

The last thing I want to mention is my thankfulness for each and every one of you, our readers. Many of you we know in person and love you more than you know. Some of you I have never met in person, but our kinship on this road has brought us together. I love you all and I am so thankful our paths crossed. Enjoy the holiday and raise a glass to the future...We are all in this together...

Loves,
Rica

1 comment:

Coy said...

We love you both so very much! Bring on 2010! Hope to visit this year and hope that the coming changes bring you even greater blessings!