Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vibrators and Handbags...

The mind is a funny thing. Humans have their own way of processing and thinking. What is good to one may not be good to the other. The same reigns true when it comes to the differences between men and women, and it all comes down to hormones.

On a recent "Anniversary" of ours, I realized just how true this was. I was so excited that my dearest was coming home from work at noon (something that rarely occurs during the week), so that we could spend the day together. I am thinking grocery shopping together (a task in itself with our 2 non-alike brains) and then.... A stop to show my love the handbag that I have been drooling over and dreaming of for weeks now. (Perhaps I had ulterior motives seeing as how my birthday is coming up in a few short weeks and well, I prefer to pick out my own present when I am this gaga over something.) I am a smart girl and know that you have to plant that seed so my smart boy thinks it was his idea, but lets keep that a secret! So after getting groceries, I suggest we go to said handbag store. I was beyond excited.. My boy was the complete opposite, but like the trooper he is, he didn't protest too much. I should probably say here that he wanted some new sunglasses and that is kind of how I got him to said handbag store, and I didn't think that the only sunglasses they had were women's! OOPS! My love did, however, have a different stop in mind. The local adult store.. He, being the doll that he is, felt that perhaps I needed a new vibrator. Now I must say that though that is a sweet gesture, I do not feel the same need.. When staring at 2 material things that are roughly the same price, I would choose handbags over vibrators any day of the week! (Woman Brain) My boy? You guessed it... Complete opposite! If it can somehow lead to sex, it will always be chosen! (Man Brain) Not that I blame him, but I have him for that need/want to be filled, I don't however have the perfect shade of pink wrapped tastefully in a touch of the perfect black with ruffles in the perfect place, HANDBAG! I secretly was wishing that such a beautiful thing that fits perfectly on my arm was coming home with us that day. It didn't. My heart kind of ached when I had to put her down. She was like that cute adorable puppy that waddles over to you and rests its chin on your lap and stares up at you with those big puppy dog eyes that say "Take me home." She already has a name. My body was screaming out with this need.. This want... Daddy squashed that shit real quick... And it was for the best, I suppose, in all reality. Though I must say that Vivie doesn't have to be potty trained!

That night when we went to sleep, I dreamed of my handbag and this blog posting... And this is the conclusion I came to when I awoke... I love his brain. It is sexy and though selfish, thoughtful for the most part.

So what did we come home with that day you ask???

Groceries of course!

Loves, J-Girl