Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Boy? Girl? Boi? Grrl? Ah, whatever…

(This is a forgotten blog, incomplete but I'm posting it anyway....)



Recently I went to the big town of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to help a friend compete in the Mr. US of A MI contest. Chad Meridian was the 1st runner up for our great state of Arkansas, so he had a spot in the competition, with 43 other competitors!
I went into the situation with a bit of hesitation. Basically, I hate to commit, to most anything. I can commit to a job and I can commit to a girlfriend, but in the past, THAT WAS IT! That was the most anyone was getting out of me. After those two commitments are fulfilled, I’m all about me, me, and me!  So, when my buddy C asked if I would participate, I mulled it over. I worried about it; I pushed myself into just fucking doing it. Why not? It’s not like she’s asking me to move furniture. And one thing I’d like to say about my buddy, she would pretty much do anything for anyone. Now I’m not saying she’s a push over by any means. She is just a nice, honest, genuine person. She has traits I’d like to attain. So, basically I put myself out there and just agreed to help. We practiced once a week for several months; I had the music on my iPod. I actually cared and wanted to do the best I could do. It was actually really fun. I enjoyed helping. Everyone was chipping in to do their part, caring as much as Chad did. It was good to be a part of a group of helpers that wanted to do their best so Chad would shine. And shine he did, in all reality, that boy shined without any of our help. It’s just that magnetic personality, oh…and jumping naked into the pool doesn’t hurt either.

So, off we go. We had to stay at the contestant sponsored hotel. It is a predominately gay hotel, known for gay men cruising each other and using the rooms “by the hour”. I kind of thought it was exciting, intriguing, yet sleazy all at once, a big bundle of naughty and queasy feelings combined. Course, once I started seeing the guys who were cruising, the naughty went away and the queasy became predominate. Anyway, along with helping Chad Meridian with his competition, we were also performing as KISS. I was the drummer. This persona was perfect for me. I could be on stage and rock out but behind the protection of a drum kit. So the first night was performance night. Perfect, get out the performance jitters before we have to be perfect for Chad’s competition. It went well, I had a blast. Even with the spray glue on my chest, fake black chest hair and a deep (and I mean deep) V uni-tard with pleather thigh highs. We rocked it…

No comments: