Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And we are off... Almost!

I have to start with a letter...

Dear Vibram,

Thank you so much for not custom making your creepy five finger toe shoes! It is the one want my boy has that makes him a disgusting straight man.. And calms all fears of mine that he will one day scream queen out on me! Much Love!

Ok.. Now that that is out of my system... So J and I are traveling to Wisconsin in what I hope will be close to 24 hours from now. I am torn with emotion right now, but doing a damn good job of holding it in! January 17th of this year my dad passed away from a very short (3 week) battle with pancreatic cancer. To say we were devistated and completely shocked is an understatement, but we made it through. And now, 4 months later, we are having his memorial service. I don't know if you know what northern Wisconsin is like in January, but the spreading of ashes (yes we know it is illegal) on a lake is impossible! It would take driving across the the lake in a truck and then drilling through the 10-12 inches of ice, before you hit water.. And so, needless to say, the service is now June 5th. My dad was a fishing guide. He was a fisherman. Everyday he did in life what made him happy. And so it is only right that his kids gather together and set him free at his favorite spot on the flowage... So here is the hard part. I just want to get there already, but yet I don't want to be there. Clear as mud right? We have had a few months to heal. Now we have to face this darkness again. It will be a celebration of his life, through our broken hearts... I want to remember my dad, but I dont want to live through the pain. But I also know that my brothers and sisters need me. And I need them.

I am thankful J is going to be by my side. I can always count on my boy to be there! Its gonna be a lot of fun.. Summer in the Northwoods ALWAYS is! But can we skip what we now call "Sucky Saturday"? Guess not.... We will try to write from the road a bit.. And thank you too all the Aunties that will be caring for our critter children! Much Love, J-Girl

No comments: