Monday, June 28, 2010

Manifesting, manifesting, is that even a word?

So, you may or may not know that like many in the rest of the country, my bank account has been less than stellar. I was whining to a friend recently about "needing this, needing that, wanting this" blah blah consumerism at it's best. Anyway, she was telling me about her system. She makes lists of things her family needs and things they want. We talked about maybe if I write them down, maybe just maybe the stars will align and these things will manifest in one way or another. So here's my written manifestation of items that usually get written way down on the priority purchases list.

Book wish list….in no particular order
Becoming a Visible Man-Jamison Green
Transgender History by Susan Stryker
Transmen and FTM's by Jason Cromwell
Self-Made Men: Identity and Embodiment among Transsexual Men by Henry Rubin
Just Add Hormones-Matt Kailey
The Testosterone Files: My Hormonal and Social Transformation from Female to Male-Max Wolf Valerio
Body Alchemy:Transsexual Portraits by Loren Cameron
Sex Changes: The Politics of Transgenderism – Patrick Califia
From The Inside Out: Radical Gender Transformation, FTM and Beyond by Morty Diamond
This isn’t a book, but a subscription to Original Plumbing would be awesome.
Nine Lives: In Search of the Sacred in Modern India by William Dalrymple*
God Is Not One by Stephen R. Prothero
Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know--And Doesn't by Stephen R. Prothero

*Not sure if any of you know this, but I'd like to go back to school for religious studies. Though it is not exactly supported by my loved ones. So I LOVE comparative religion literature.

This is all for now...don't want to send out greedy vibes to the universe...I might manifest something entirely unwanted. Hahahaha
Anyway, life is good right now minus the financial bumps. I have a surgical consult with a Doc in Plano Tx for top surgery. Still haven't decided who to go to. Need to compare notes between my top surgeons. Cost, Temperament, ease of travel, etc.
So much to consider....when it truthfully boils down to who I can afford. Such is life in the American Health Care monopoly. Care determined by the buck. Shitty indeed!

No comments: