Monday, August 9, 2010

I've never wanted to be a rock star......


Most kids have rock stars that they worship for a little while. Sometimes it's about wanting to be that person, sometimes it's wanting to live their lifestyle, and sometimes it's just that you can see yourself in them. I wasn't really ever one that necessarily worshiped rock stars. Now, don't get me wrong, I had the Metallica, Poison, and Guns and Roses posters all on my bedroom walls. Partially cause I dug the music and partially that was the only thing I did blatantly that my father didn't like. I so wanted to be a rebel and tell my dad to fuck off, but I was weak. Not to mention, the wrong words would cause pretty severe punishment, but that's another blog. So posters of annoying hair bands was as "rebelistic" as I got. But all that subtle rock-star love changed this weekend. We went to Hot Springs on Friday night with a great group of friends to see a band. And not just any band. The Clicks. You might have heard of them. They are from Canada. So, that is pretty amazing alone, that a Canadian rock band came to little old Hot Springs. But what got me excited was that the guy who essentially IS the Clicks is a transman. His name is Lucas and he is a doll...a hottie...I say shyly as I blush. The venue was small and intimate, my favorite place to see a good band. So after the show, the girls were gushing to go talk to him...and for me to meet him. I think they just wanted to use me (the token transman) as their segue into a converstation or a party at the hotel, which ever came first...naughty girls!
So as usual, I was shy. I didn't want to run up to him and act like a rabid fan, even if I felt that inside. I've always had this weird thing about meeting musicians and movie stars, I don't want to seem like I am some weird obnoxious fan. Just a regular person who is just as cool as they are, just not famous. (I know, there goes my ego....jumping right on out there! Haha) But after much coaxing...I went with everybody...and the poor guy seemed a bit overwhelmed. He literally just stepped off the stage about 10 minutes before so he was probably trying to come down off that performance high or exhaustion, not sure which.
Anyway, pictures were taken, merch was purchased. Smiles, flirts, etc. He's totally adorable for sure! I had dreams of him playing at my benefit. But of course that is probably something that musicians of any particular "group" get asked all the time. Hey will you do "this" for me because we are so alike on "that" one small level. But you know, a boy can dream and fantasize all he wants. :)
But all in all, it was a great joy to shake his hand and pose for copious pictures. I was charmed and it felt good to finally meet a musician that I had similarities with. That "was like me" so to speak. And, I finally found one I could gush over. I think I'm finally in love with a rockstar..... *wink wink*

pic by Brandy Sterling aka artist extraordinaire from da hood! ;) much love B.
*EDIT* Pic by Taylor Johnston aka coiffure artist and Brandy's beeatch, in da hood! hahaha LOVES Tay Tay!

6 comments:

The House Shoe Fashionista said...

So cute! I love that for once, you and I are blushing over the same person! We are totally crushing on the same guy and that I totally LOVE!!! He is TOTALLY ADORABLE isn't he? Can I have him for my birthday daddy... PLEASE!!! ;)

Taylor, yo! said...

Your photo credits are wrong homie. That was all me...

"is it too early to put my wristband on? Will I be psychofan if I do that??" --an almost direct quote from our boy wonder, Jack.

Love you honey!

Unknown said...

Awww...now you know what its like to have your very own "Steven Tyler." :)

smoore said...

what do you mean, you never wanted to be a rock star?! I'm not buying it ;-). very cool, so glad you guys got to go see the show...

Coy said...

Oooh...I saw Lucas and The Clicks in Dallas a couple of years ago and the show was pretty magical. He is just infectious. Infected with hot nasty awesomeness.

Jack said...

"hot nasty awesomeness" Now those words are just sexy! Wow! And I agree!!!