Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And the transition begins...

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you, sometimes when you least expect it. Through endless searches, I have found that the support for anything trans falls upon the trans community itself. In lifes trials, you often search for the front runners for guidance, only we are the front runners. This new generation that has chosen to be true to themselves and the loves in their lives.

J started "T" (testosterone) hormone therapy roughly 3 months ago. It was a Friday evening, and we both stood over this little bottle laying on the bed. His hopes and dreams, and mine, were layed out right in front of us. This is it. Its time to hold on to one another, now more than ever, and take this plunge. We looked at each other and kissed. After a couple pictures to mark our journey, I grabbed the bottle and began the process of drawing up our new life in this syringe. J bent over, and with a simple stick, I aided in giving him our new and profound life. We hugged. I spent the next 20 minutes staring at this boi that I love so much, and his smile that could put any sun to shame. He was beaming. I was too. "How do you feel?" I kept asking. "Great" he would say. This went on all night. 3 hours after that first dose of newness, J found his teenage boy libido...

No comments: